Skip Permits

You can contact your local council for a skip licence if you want to put a skip on a public road or apply for it online.

We can also help you apply for a skip licence, which is sometimes called a skip permit.

You can’t put a skip on the pavement. You don’t need a skip licence if you’re putting the skip entirely on private land.

We will supply lights and markings on or around the skip we supply. This could include:

  • reflective markings
  • traffic cones
  • night-time safety lamps

Fines and penalties
If you don’t put up the required safety lights and markings or remove what we put in place, you could be fined up to £1,000 by your lcoal authority.